on teaching.

When I was filling out grad school applications, I had to think about my teaching philosophy. I think it all boils down to:

Part One: It’s not about you.

Part Two: 90% of your job is teaching your students how to get out of their own way. The remaining 10% is giving them the tools to do that.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s