Just a few quick thoughts because I don’t like to disclose on the internet where I am when I travel. I will say, though, that I have traveled for a job so it is somewhat different that my usual “alone” trips. It’s also to a place I wouldn’t necessarily choose, but because I take everything as a learning experience…
Things I have learned in one day of (strange) travel:
- I love traveling alone. Even more than that I appreciate being able to control my own itinerary.
- Years ago my father told me that he admired my ability to just try things without fear. I realized today that I admire that in myself as well.
- Contrary to my complaints when I call back home, I realized that I am a very patient and open-minded person.
- I appreciate my own flexibility.
- Mostly, I appreciate how much I have learned to truly experience rather than look for something.
And P.S. I truly love Los Angeles. And one of the best things about traveling is learning to re-appreciate something I love so much.